How do I apply?
To apply, visit gradadmissions.osu.edu. You may apply online. Click “Grad Program Information” to reach:
http://gradadmissions.osu.edu/gri.asp. Then select “Industrial and Systems Engineering.”
Once our ISE Program Admissions staff receives your complete application, we will usually be in touch with you within six (6) weeks to let you know our decision.
If you have any questions about the application process, call 614-688-2107. You can also reach the Graduate Studies Coordinator, Kristen Arra, at firstname.lastname@example.org
A COMPLETE APPLICATION INCLUDES
- The completed ISE application on-line form.
- Application processing fee - payable via credit card upon online application submission.
- 3 letters of recommendation that can speak about your potential to be successful in the program. Your references will have the opportunity to submit either an electronic or paper letter of recommendation on your behalf. All letters of recommendation are required to have the Official Ohio State University Graduate Reference Form attached. Without this form they are considered unofficial reference letters.
- A detailed resume - the ISE program views work experience as desirable but not necessary. You will have an opportunity to upload your resume as an attachment during the online application submission process.
- A statement of purpose - This statement should outline your graduate study goals and plans, career plans, experience and any special circumstances that need explaining.
- One (1) official, unopened, original and certified copy of your transcripts from every college or university attended to the address below:
Graduate Admissions Office
SAS Building, 1st Floor
281 West Lane Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43210-11325
And one (1) official, unopened, original and certified copy of your transcripts from every college or university attended to the following address as well:
c/o K. Arra
Department of Integrated Systems Engineering
College of Engineering
The Ohio State University,
210 Baker Systems,
1971 Neil Avenue,
Columbus, OH 43210
The ISE program requires an undergraduate GPA average of 3.0 or better for admission. Applicants with cumulative
undergraduate GPAs less than 3.0 are subject to review.
- Standardized test scores. GRE test scores:
Your official GRE scores, sent directly from ETS, are required for your application to be considered complete and ready for admission committee review. (The GRE must be no older than five years at time of application.)
The Ohio State GRE institution code is 1592.
International applicants must take the TOEFL if they have not attended an American university
The TOEFL institution code is 1592.
What is the application fee?
There is a non-refundable application fee of $40 for domestic students and $50 for international students. The application fee should be submitted with the university application and NOT be sent to Kristen Arra.
What are the application deadlines?
Applications are accepted for Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer quarters, although Fall applications are preferable. Students who apply early have a greater chance of being admitted.
**At the time of an application deadline, ALL applications materials must be submitted. This includes all test scores, letters of reference, resume (cv), transcript(s), and statement of purpose. **
||Spring Semester (General Admission)
||Summer Semester (General Admission)
||Autumn Semester (Funding Consideration)
||Autumn Semester (General Admission)