You are here


All University and OSP travel must be pre-approved. An OSU employee/student must have written approval from his/her supervisor prior to travel.

Before Travel: 

  • Complete and submit the ISE Travel Application to ISE Fiscal Associate two days before trip. Failure to submit this form before traveling will require submission of an exception petition form after travel.
  • Certain expenses (airfare, registration and lodging) can be prepaid by the department. Please see ISE Fiscal Associate, for more information.
  • See Helpful Information for your Travel for additional information and related links for travel agent, rental car, hotel, mileage rates, per diem, receipts needed, etc.

After Travel: 

  • Within 30 days of travel, submit original itemized receipts showing details of actual expenses incurred that are eligible for reimbursement to ISE Fiscal Associate.
  • Following receipt of these items, the forms and receipts will be reviewed and, if all needed items are provided, the reimbursement request will be forwarded to the College of Engineering Business Office. A staff member from that office will contact the traveler by email and confirm the allowed reimbursement amount and request their approval.

Questions regarding travel and reimbursement should be directed to:

ISE Fiscal Associate:
Ann Brown
230 Baker Systems



  • ISE Travel Application
  • Mileage Log
  • Vendor Setup Form / W-9 (formerly AP Compliance Form)
    • To be completed by guests and non-employees. NOTE: traveler must sign this form; form asks for SSN, therefore please do not email the form to us but rather print and bring/mail to the department contact.
  • Exception Form – COE
    • Required if no prior authorization for the business travel and estimated costs, missing required documentation (i.e. itemized receipts), and/or reimbursement submitted more than 90 days after the trip.
    • Deans and vice presidents have the authority to approve, on an occasional, non-recurring basis, exceptions to university travel policy.




Helpful Information For Your Travel

  • Travel Agent / Online Booking Tool
  • Car Rental Guidelines:
    • Car rentals are to be reserved by OSU Contract Vendors: Enterprise or National
    • Rentals made with non-contracted agencies must adhere to the OSU Travel Policy.  Those rentals that do not meet the policy may not be reimbursed.
  • Mileage Rates
  • Per Diem Rates
  • Discounts
  • Pre-payment of some costs–such as airfare, conference registration, and lodging–may be available for OSU students and employees, including cash advances. Please contact the ISE Fiscal Associate for details.
  • Itemized, original, and legible receipts are required, so it is important to keep all receipts during travel.  Receipts must indicate method of payment, such as “Visa XXXX1234,” the traveler’s name and the amount paid. Cancelled checks must have scans of front and back.
  • A brief business purpose is to be provided for each reimbursed expense. For example, request for parking reimbursement should state why parking was necessary (“parking at conference location” etc.).
  • Per diem:  If the OSU student or employee is allotted a daily reimbursement amount for meals, travelers are to provide detailed costs for each meal to be reimbursed. The cost of meals provided as part of travel or a business-related event (for example during a flight or as part of a conference) will not be allowed as part of a per diem reimbursement.