ISE Student Computing Labs
- Located on the 3rd floor of the Baker Systems Engineering building: BE351 (30x), 356 (20x), and 378 (10x). Most labs are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week but will require Buck-ID access during off hours (5pm – 8am) and on weekends.
- B&W laser printers are located in BE351 and 356 and a color laser printer is available in BE 356 only.
- Each semester users are given a $200 printing quota. Each B&W print costs 10 cents and color printing costs 30 cents per page. Duplex printing counts as two pages.
- Large format printing is available upon request (7 day lead time required), please contact the helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Users can use our computing facility by using their OSU username and password
- Do not install any additional software. If you need to install additional software for teaching or class project purposes, and will use it for a certain amount of time, please contact the helpdesk (email@example.com) in room 392 at least two weeks prior.
- Save all your files on your own media or U: drive. Any user files left on local hard disk will be deleted.Instruction on how to access U: drive remotely from an external device can be found here.
- We are not responsible for any loss of data that you stored on the computers. It is your responsibility to provide your own storage media and backup your work.
- Do not remove any manual books, hardware or software from the lab.
- There is software that was installed and is running only on certain computers, and priority is given to the user(s) of these programs.
- No Food or Food containers are allowed. Drinks in closed/secured lid containers are allowed.
- All IT help requests related to Student Computing Labs should go through firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-688-2828 (8-2828 on campus). All other help request such as email or software download are handled by IT Service Desk online from https://ocio.osu.edu/help or by phone at 614-688-4357 (8-HELP on campus).
- Submit Help tickets online (and check the status of) at http://osu.edu/ets
- All Facilities / Door / Buck-ID access requests form should be filled in-person in BE210 or BE392.