Graduate Application Instructions
Below are detailed instructions on applying to the Graduate ISE program at Ohio State University.
STEP ONE: Online Application
If you are a new applicant to The Ohio State University, please submit an online application to Ohio State’s Graduate School. A non-refundable application fee of $60 for domestic applicants and $70 for international applicants is required.
If you have already been admitted and enrolled in a graduate program at Ohio State and are looking to transfer graduate programs you should not submit an online application. Please contact your Graduate Coordinator for more information.
STEP TWO: Transcripts
Upload a copy of your official transcript(s) with your online application or send your official transcript(s) to the Ohio State University Graduate Admissions Office. Transcripts should only be mailed if you are unable to upload them to the online application.
- Upload official transcripts from every university/college you have attended. Transcripts only need to be mailed to the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions if admitted to the program.
- If transcripts must be mailed, they should be sent to:
Graduate and Professional Admissions
Student Academic Services Building
281 W. Lane Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210-1132 USA
- Transcripts are required even if classes are transferred to another institution. Transcripts are not required for coursework completed at Ohio State.
STEP THREE: Test Scores
Submit official GRE scores using the following Official GRE Codes.
- GRE Institution Code: 1592
If you are an international applicant, submit TOEFL or IELTS test scores using the following Test Score Code.
- Institution Code: 1592
STEP FOUR: Add additional materials to the online application
- Upload your Resume or CV to your online application.
- Upload your personal statement to your online application. Include your full-name on your personal statement. In your statement feel free to indicate your academic and career goals, your interest in the Integrated Systems Engineering Department, and how your education and work experience qualify you for admission. There is no minimum or maximum length requirement for the personal statement.
- Submit three letters of recommendation using either method:
- Online — When you complete the online application — Provide your recommenders’ name and email address when you complete the online application.
- Or, email a signed reference letter on business letterhead along with a completed Graduate School Reference Form to email@example.com. Note: Recommenders only need complete the student’s name and area of study on page 1, and the recommender information on page 2.
STEP FIVE: Intent Form
- Complete the mandatory ISE Intent Form and email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application materials may be submitted in any order. Only complete applications are sent for review by the faculty. However, applicants are encouraged to check the status of their application and materials online.
You can check the status of your application online at appstatus.osu.edu.
Save yourself time! Do not submit the following documents
- Research papers, theses, etc.
- Provisional certificates, conference certificates, etc.
- Flash drive with educational or work background
- Banking statements. These will be requested at the time you are admitted, if necessary.